GET AN UPCLOSE LOOK AT THE UNIQUE SETS
For a limited time, you and your fellow survivors will be able to board a bus for an exclusive, two-hour, behind-the scenes look at the most iconic sets from AMC’s The Walking Dead.
A guide, who is steeped in the lore of the show, will lead you through the Riverwood Studios stages and backlot. Riverwood Studios has housed The Walking Dead for nearly a decade, and many of the most notable sets from the show—Hilltop, Oceanside, The Heaps, and Sanctuary—can be found behind our walls. After you have completed the studio portion of the tour, you will travel a short distance to our satellite campus in downtown Senoia. You’ll venture behind the walls of Alexandria, the community that has been the home of Rick Grimes and his family and friends.
For the first time ever, you will be able to see the places where your heroes have lived and died.
*All tour times, photos opportunities, stops and entertainment are subject to change at any time. See sections on “Special Season 10 Production Advisory” and “Photo Policy” below for additional details.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Special Season 10 Production Advisory
The Walking Dead Production Team is graciously allowing us to continue with the tour on a provisional basis during production. With that said, please be advised that while Season 10 is in production, certain sets may be off limits during your tour. These sets include, but are not limited to, major sets such as Hilltop, Oceanside, Sanctuary, The Heaps and Alexandria. We cannot guarantee any stops or photo opportunities. The availability for these attractions is subject to change at any time for any reason without warning. In the event that certain sets are closed, we will not issue refunds or process re-bookings. The only event that would result in refunds or re-bookings is a total cancellation of a tour or tours due to active filming. We appreciate your cooperation in advance.
Other Important Information
Check-In and Parking:
- After you’ve parked, you will head over to our ticket kiosk for check-in.
- To check-in you will need your name and your booking number. Please have this information, which is located in your confirmation email, pulled up on your phone or printed out when you arrive for check-in.
- You must stand together and check-in together in order to be seated together. If people in your party purchased tickets separately, you need to check-in together at the same time.
- You will receive a keepsake security badge. It must be worn for the duration of the tour.
- Departure windows are 20 minutes long. For example, if you purchase a ticket for 9am, you could leave anytime between 9:00am and 9:20am.
- You and your party will board a 14-passenger bus, driven by one of our experienced tour guides.
- Depending on the production schedule and other factors, you will be allowed to disembark during certain portions of the tour. *All stops are subject to change at any time.
- The tour lasts approximately 2-hours. There is no bathroom break during the tour, though an optional stop (about half-way through the tour) can be made if requested.
- Food items are not allowed on the tour, but bottled sodas and water bottles are welcome.
- Closed-toed shoes are required for entry.
- Photos are not allowed except in designated areas. Tour Guides will be very specific about where photos are allowed. If your guide does not explicitly say that you are allowed to take photos in a certain area, assume you are not allowed to take photos. No audio or video recording at any time. *Violators of the photo policy will be removed from the tour and are subject to prosecution.
EXPERIENCE ALL THE FAMOUS SIGHTS
When you pass through the gates of Alexandria, you will enter a unique 9 acre set. The Alexandria set is a functioning neighborhood surrounded by a 15 foot metal wall.
This set has been invaded by Negan, flooded with Zombies, and had its buildings set afire. You will see how the residents have survived and evolved. You’ll also see Rick’s home, the infirmary and other iconic places within the walls of The Alexandria Safe Zone Community.
Step inside the Heaps and find yourself submerged in the trash world of the Scavengers. See where Rick fought for his life against Winslow, one of the most terrifying walkers in The Walking Dead history. Learn about the making of the Heaps and hear behind-the-scenes stories of how this massive set came to life.
WALKER INFESTED POND
At the Walker Infested Pond, see where Aaron and Rick worked together to retrieve supplies from an abandoned houseboat. Be sure to use caution though- there may be walkers lurking at the surface of this murky water!
Discover the spot where Negan and Lucille took the lives of our beloved survivors, Glenn and Abraham. Guides will talk about the filming process that went into those final moments, which should help you find closure on the two deaths that shocked us most.
While you’re here, try to guess which other sets were also housed in The Clearing!
Hilltop was the setting of the struggles of Maggie and Gregory, the base for its ambassador Jesus, and a safe harbor for Sasha and Enid.
The Hilltop Mansion is an exact replica of the Virginia home found in the comic. From its balcony you can see for miles. With nearly four acres within its stockade, and another 35 acres outside its walls, the Hilltop is a fortress against the ravages of the zombie apocalypse. This set features stables, a working saw mill and a blacksmith forge, a water tower, gardens and mighty gates.
You’ll leave Hilltop with a better understanding of how the environment plays such a key role in our storytelling, and how such a realistic set can be its own character in The Walking Dead.
Modeled after classic 1940’s motor courts, the magic of Oceanside is that from even a few feet away it can seem to disappear into a web of camouflage, bamboo, and palmettos.
Oceanside is home to a unique all-female community who wanted to hide from the world, but their reentry into the world made a huge impact in the final battle against Negan and the Saviors. You’ll enter their private oasis, the Oceanside Cabin Motor Court, and learn why their sacrifice meant so much.
After the apocalypse, this looming industrial complex became the home of Negan and his followers, the Saviors.
The exterior consists of a unique entry of shops and coal chutes that Negan and his followers turned into a zombie protected fortress. The massive exterior, which still shows the scars of battle, includes two courtyards and railcars specially imported and shipped to the site.